Expedition of Captain Juan Hidalgo

  • Hito
  • 1717
From British intense activity in the region, the hill and the natural harbor located at their feet were known as "Cerro y Puerto del Inglés" (Cerro San Antonio). Also, one of the companies that operated on the site adopted the name "The Pan de Azúcar Bay" (Sugar Loaf Bay). The first written records of territorial recognition are made ​​in the expedition of Captain Juan Hidalgo, dating from 1717.

See History of Piriapolis